Vulnerability, Courage, Shame, and Empathy: The Living Brave Continuing Education Course
Vulnerability, Courage, Shame, and Empathy: The Living Brave Continuing Education Course is a unique, online learning experience that provides participants with the opportunity to explore what it means to fully show up in our lives – to be brave, lean into vulnerability, and to rumble with the challenges that come with living a daring life.
This course provides 28 hours of continuing education and is designed for professionals who are governed under any of the following boards:
National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886729805-0) for
28 Social Work continuing education contact hours.
Please note: The following states do not accept or recognize this approval, New York, Michigan, West Virginia, New Jersey, Idaho, and Oregon.
Approved through: April 30th 2018
The Association for Addiction Professionals (NAADAC)
This course has been approved by COURAGEworks, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider, for 28 CE. NAADAC Provider 155991, COURAGEworks is responsible for all aspects of the programing.
Approved through: May 1st 2018
National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
COURAGEworks has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6822. 28 Credit Hours. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. COURAGEworks is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Approved through: May 1st 2019
American Psychological Association (APA)
Psychologists: PESI, Inc. is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. PESI, Inc. maintains responsibility for this program and its content. PESI, Inc. is offering these self-study materials for 28.0 hours of continuing education credit.
Canadian Psychologists: PESI, Inc. is approved by the Canadian Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. PESI, Inc. maintains responsibility for the program. This program is approved for 28.0 self-study continuing education hours.
Florida Board of Psychology: PESI, Inc., is an approved provider with the Florida Board of Psychology. Provider Number BAP #77. This product qualifies for 28.0 self-study continuing education credits. Tracking number: 20-XX.
*FLORIDA PARTICIPANTS ONLY: To automatically be reported to CE Broker, after completing and passing the online post-test/evaluation, please contact [email protected]. You will need to provide the full title of the activity, speaker name, date of broadcast, your name and your license number in the email.
The American Psychological Association continued education certificate is issued by PESI.
Don’t see your board?
Please contact your board directly to determine if they will accept continuing education credits approved by NASW, NAADAC or NBCC using a certificate of course completion.
If your board requires independent continuing education program approval, you may send us an email and we will review options for expanding where we are approved CE program providers. Please note that emailing us does not guarantee that your board will be added.
**All other inquiries should be directed to customer service.
This course contains the same content as the Living Brave Semester. In addition, for each of the 12 lessons you will be required to successfully complete a 10 question quiz covering the reading assignment and online lesson content.
A Continuing Education Certificate is awarded upon completion of the entire course, passing all the quizzes with a score of at least 80%, and completing an evaluation form. You can retake a quiz if you don't receive a passing score on your first attempt. To receive credit hours, you must submit the certificate to your board.
Completion of the course does NOT serve as certification to facilitate the course or its contents with others. To learn more about facilitating Brené's work with others, please refer to The Daring Way.
The semester is divided into two blocks of six lessons. The first six lessons will focus on Daring Greatly and the last six lessons will focus on Rising Strong.
Required Reading: Daring Greatly and Rising Strong
If you are already registered for the class and see the ENROLL NOW button, make sure you're signed in by clicking the SIGN IN link in the upper right corner of the page. Once registered and signed-in, you will see instructions on how to access your class.
Price: $375 (less than $14 per credit hour)
What You'll Learn
- The critical role vulnerability plays in our lives and how our willingness to show up determines the depth of our courage and the clarity of our purpose
- How the four major myths of vulnerability undermine our bravery
- How fear, blame, and scarcity drive "I am not enough" and how our self-worth is tied to our willingness to show up in our lives
- How shame works and the four elements of shame resilience
- How to identify the values we hold most sacred and how to practice those values in the face of struggle
- The critical role that self-compassion and empathy play in daring greatly
- Actionable strategies for embracing vulnerability that can help transform the way we live, love, parent and lead
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN DARING GREATLY
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN IN RISING STRONG
- The physics of vulnerability – ten guidelines for rising after a fall
- The power of story in our lives and how stories drive our emotions, thoughts, and behaviors
- How to reckon with emotion
- The major emotional offloading strategies and how they move us away from our values
- How and why emotional curiosity is the key to rising strong
- How to recognize and capture the stories we make up when faced with struggle
- What it means to rumble with emotions like shame, guilt, anxiety, blame, accountability, resentment, grief, forgiveness, and perfectionism.
- How to write our own daring endings to our tough stories
All lessons will be available when the course opens and may be completed at your own pace.
Registration for Vulnerability, Courage, Shame, and Empathy: The Living Brave Continuing Education Course includes:
- Two six-lesson courses – Daring Greatly and Rising Strong - offered on a continuous basis throughout the year
- 14-20 hours of work per course
- Complete the lessons when it is most convenient to you and at your own pace
- Living Brave eWorkbook - For PERSONAL use only
- Continuing Education certificate upon completion of the course
Participants must acquire Daring Greatly and Rising Strong on their own.